Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dream Fragments

A few weeks ago, I began a series of drawings revolving around a set of strange dreams I had, due in part, I believe, to subconscious reactions to books I had been reading, music I was listening intensely to, inner emotional struggles dealing with artistic barrenness, and possibly some nutmeg I had been cooking with(?).

These drawings were done as conscious reactions and impulses towards drafting visually analogous manifestations of the dreams. Some were done within the hour of waking from the dream, some done in a daydream state during work breaks, and some even came to resemble and befit these dream fragments weeks after they had been drawn.

Though seemingly incongruent to one another, I believe these sketches to be a direct link to my subconscious creative mind, and an insight to the artists multifaceted musings, whatever they may mean.



Woman with Skull


Enormous Tree Stump with Bizarre Growth


The Temple on the Hill



The Coast



Shadow World

No comments: