Friday, March 6, 2009

Chalky


"Grab a Growler" sidewalk chalk on sandwich board


"March Madness Leprechaun" sidewalk chalk on wall

Here we have a few pieces I recently finished at my work, Piece Pizzeria and Brewery. My manager asked me to come up with something "cheesy" to put in the hallway of the carry out area where I work. People generally like to stand and stare right at us while they're waiting for their pizza, which is, as you might expect, distracting. The problem was solved with a few new fancy benches put right in the hallway near the front door. This allows patrons to relax while remaining at a reasonable distance from the counter. The results for the chalkboard inviting guests to sit and wait were a cheesy poem and a "groovy" growler image.

I also was asked to redo the mural behind the counter. Sidewalk chalk is a tough medium (lots of smearing and crumbling), but I thought the end product came out well and everyone at the shop was happy and excited. This one was to celebrate spring as well as the arrival of basketball season, which I could really care less about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, BASKETBAWL!!! Season!!!